What is Gypsum Board False Ceiling:
Gypsum is a soft sulfate mineral that can either be turned into gypsum board or remain in its powder form and be called “Plaster of paris” or POP or Gypsum plaster.
There are three types of material that are used to create a false ceiling and give a definitive look to the room: gypsum board, wood panels and POP. Gypsum board false ceiling is the most popular choice in recent times.
Why would someone use Gypsum board instead of POP ? – well obviously it make the assembly work easier , the lines are straighter, the POP put to use there-after for filling the gaps or for making curved surfaces . POP(plaster of Paris) ceilings are heavier and require more labour and materials to install than gypsum panel board.
Gypsum board is faster and easier to install. It is available in mold resistant, water resistant, fire resistant, and other types. Gypsum boards are readily available in building materials supply markets. Since it is often the preferred material for ceilings & interior wall construction, it requires skilled workers to install and finish this project.
Strength is in the section of steel on which Gypsum board is applied. The thickness of the steel section and proper workmanship is important for false ceiling.
In commercial retail markets, the POP board/Paris board and Gypsum Board are two variants available for false-ceiling, dry walls and partitions. The POP board or Paris board is generally made locally whereas the Gypsum board is manufactured by a branded companies.
After your ceiling is installed, finished, and painted, there isn’t much visual difference between POP and gypsum panel board, or at least, not enough for a layman to distinguish between the two products by looking at them.
Advantages of Gypsum Board False Ceiling:
- The biggest advantage of going for a gypsum false ceiling is that it is a quick and clean method of installation that generates less dust during execution.
- Gypsum plaster boards are large, hence there are very few joints created during installation. These joints are finished with a jointing compound that dries very quickly.
- Gypsum boards are easy to work with and paint because of their smooth factory-produced finish.
- Since the mixture is made with precision in factory conditions, the quality remains consistent in boards of good brands.
- Gypsum board ceiling also has acoustic properties which reduces the noise levels in your home by blocking the outside noise.
- Gypsum board is also fire resistant unlike the wood panels.
- Gypsum ceiling work as a insulation layer and save energy on your Air condition bill
- Number of design patterns are possible with gypsum board.
As an environmentally friendly building material, gypsum board can help architects and builders achieve green building objectives in the areas of recycled content, regional materials and indoor environmental quality.
As a result, credit can be earned for LEED Materials & Resources (MR) and well as satisfy International Green Construction Code (IgCC) requirements and other green building rating systems.
Gypsum Board False Ceiling Specifications:
GI Channels, Gypsum Board of thickness 12.5 mm and for Curved Surfaces thickness will be 9.5 mm.
Gypsum Drywalls, Ceilings, Paneling are variedly used in and not limited to Homes, Offices, Schools, Hospitals, Restaurants, Industries, Infrastructure Buildings etc.